- Special Programs
- Current Voucher Program Participants
- Forms & Publications
- Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS)
Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS)
When you have a Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) through New Hampshire Housing, you may also participate in our Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSS) if the head of household is able and willing to work, at least part time.
The FSS Program Offers
- Employment and financial coaching
- An FSS escrow savings account that grows as your portion of the rent increases because your household income increases. Savings average around $4,500.
- A small loan and grant program to help overcome barriers to employment – up to $1,500 in grant funds and up to $4,000 as a low-interest loan.
If interested, please fill out our Online FSS Application: Rent Savings Account.
HCV Homeownership Education & Counseling
Have you ever dreamed of owning your own home? You may be able to use your Housing Choice Voucher for assistance paying your mortgage instead of rent. To see if you qualify, please click the Voucher Homeownership Option below.
Looking to understand what the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is and how it works? Start here! Videos are in English and Spanish.
- FSS Information Sheet
- FSS Program Incentives
- FSS Application (fillable)
- Online FSS Application – Rent Savings Account
- Voucher Homeownership Option
How Money Smart Are You?
is a suite of 14 games and related resources about everyday financial topics. Learn how to track and manage your