Studies, Publications & Presentations
New Hampshire Housing researches and reports on housing trends. Here are some of the reports issued by the agency:
- Housing Market Reports
- Annual Residential Rental Cost Survey
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Guides
- Recent Presentations
- Fair Housing for Regional Municipal Planning Guidebook
- Affordable Rental Housing Developments Resident Characteristics (2018)
- Housing Needs in New Hampshire (2014)
- Commission on Housing Policy Regulation (2013)
- Housing and School Enrollment Studies (2004-2012)
- Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing (2015)
Housing Market Reports
Annual Residential Rental Cost Survey
Each year, New Hampshire Housing conducts a statewide survey to monitor market rate rental housing costs and provide housing data to the general public and organizations that administer housing programs.
NH Housing Market Update - presentation to the Central NH Regional Planning Commission on 1/10/19.
Fair Housing for Regional and Municipal Planning Guidebook
Affordable Rental Housing Developments: Characteristics of Residents of New Hampshire Low Income Housing Tax Credit Apartments (2018)
New Hampshire Housing commissioned a study to determine the occupancy profile of Low Income Housing Tax Credit properties in the state. The study was conducted by Bruce Mayberry of BCM Planning LLC in 2017. The study provides demographic, educational attainment levels, employment status and other demographic information of typical tenants within these properties.
Housing Needs in New Hampshire (2014)
New Hampshire Housing commissioned a study on the state’s future housing needs and preferences. Conducted by the New Hampshire Center for Public Policy Studies and Applied Economic Research, the study gauged the amount and type of housing needed over the next 10 years, as well as identified the impact demographic and market trends are having on housing in the Granite State.
The study is made up of three parts: (1) housing perceptions and preferences; (2) housing options for the state's growing senior population; and (3) the future of housing in New Hampshire.
Commission on Housing Policy and Regulation (2013)
In 2013, the New Hampshire Legislature established the Commission on Housing Policy and Regulation. Its purpose was to identify and reduce legislative and administrative barriers to the creation of affordable housing and to encourage its development, including possible incentives to build such housing, in order to maintain safe, healthy, and diverse communities for all residents of New Hampshire.
Housing and School Enrollment Studies (2004-2012)
Beginning in spring 2004, Russ Thibeault and Applied Economic Research in Laconia began a series of reports examining the connections between school enrollment generation and new housing development in New Hampshire.
Housing and School Enrollment in New Hampshire: 2000-2010--A Decade of Dramatic Change (2012)
2015 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice
This document is the update of the 2004 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice. The update was researched and written by The Fair Housing Project of New Hampshire Legal Assistance under contract with New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority. It provides:
- the most recent information on relevant New Hampshire demographics;
- new laws enacted;
- a review of materials and resources in New Hampshire;
- fair housing complaint data;
- summaries of protected classes and impediments for each group;
- identification of additional impediments;
- survey and focus group results;
- conclusions and recommendations;
- appendices containing other pertinent material.