- Special Programs
- Current Voucher Program Participants
- Forms & Publications
- Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS)
Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS)
When you have a Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) through New Hampshire Housing, you may also participate in our Family Self-Sufficiency Program (FSS) if the head of household is able and willing to work, at least part time.
The FSS Program Offers
- Employment and financial coaching
- An FSS escrow savings account that grows as your portion of the rent increases because your household income increases. Savings average around $4,500.
- A small loan and grant program to help overcome barriers to employment – up to $1,500 in grant funds and up to $4,000 as a low-interest loan.
- Looking to understand what the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is and how it works? Click here to watch this video in English or click here to watch this video en Español .
Call 1-800-439-7247, ext. 9297 to speak with Nicole Bingham or email FamilySelfSufficiency@www.nhhfa.org for more information about the FSS Program.
HCV Homeownership Education & Counseling
Have you ever dreamed of owning your own home? You may be able to use your Housing Choice Voucher for assistance paying your mortgage instead of rent. To see if you qualify review the Voucher Homeownership Option
Find Financial Freedom
A fun, interactive way to learn how to build assets, manage your money, improve your credit-worthiness, and prepare for homeownership. You can also get individual coaching and set up and maintain your household budget on our secure website.