- Special Programs
- Current Voucher Program Participants
- Forms & Publications
- Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS)
Portability allows a family with a Housing Choice Voucher to move and use their voucher anywhere in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Moving to New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority jurisdiction from another Housing Authority:
If you wish to move into our area, please contact your current housing authority and request that your portability package be sent to:
New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority
P.O. Box 5087
Manchester, NH 03108
Once your package is received and processed you will receive a briefing packet from our office. In order to set up an inspection of the new unit, we will need the following forms completed and returned:
Transfer your New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority voucher to another state:
Contact your Rental Assistance Manager to determine if you are eligible for a transfer voucher.
- To be eligible, you must be a participant in good standing with New Hampshire Housing.
- If you are in a repayment agreement, the debt must be paid in full before you can move to another housing authority’s jurisdiction.
Once you are determined eligible, your Rental Assistance Manager can start the move process and send your portability package to the housing authority that you request.
Important information when porting from one housing authority to another:
- The household must comply with the new housing authority’s procedures.
- The household is subject to the receiving housing authority policies, which can represent a major change for the household.
- The household will be subject to the receiving housing authority screening criteria.
- The voucher size will be based on the receiving housing authority standards.
- The household will be subject to the receiving housing authority payment standards, which may affect the ability to afford a unit in that jurisdiction.