- News & Events
- Belonging by Design with Talmira Hill (hosted by Plan NH)
Belonging by Design with Talmira Hill (hosted by Plan NH)
May 18, 2021 | 9:00am - 11:00am
Will be hosted via Zoom
“Integrating Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) by Design,” will engage participants in considering how basic DEI concepts are defined and applied using examples from the built environment.
The session will include three segments:
- reviewing working definitions of “diversity,” “equity” and “inclusion” that can be applied to the built environment and in other contexts;
- considering examples of how DEI concepts are being applied (or implemented) through specific projects in the U.S.; and
- discussing in small groups how DEI concepts are being (or might be) applied in New Hampshire.
(1) a deeper understanding of DEI concepts and why applying them with intentionality is essential for integrating DEI in the built environment;
(2) familiarity with actual DEI work underway in the built environment across the U.S.;
(3) ideas about how DEI concepts are (or might be) applied here in New Hampshire; and
(4) informational resources for further exploring DEI in the built environment.
Intended audiences: planners, architects, municipal leaders and staff, landscape architects, traffic engineers, artists, and others who care about creating vibrant and delightful place to be for everyone.